Google
 

Monday, March 31, 2008

TV REVIEW: JOHN ADAMS ON HBO

Another great episode last night of the HBO mini-series JOHN ADAMS. I think this was my favorite episode so far for Paul Giamatti. He showed great range of emotion and his performance was perfectly understated.

There was an interesting point made of the American electoral process. George Washington got the most electoral votes so he was elected President and Adams received the second most electoral votes so he was Vice President. I like that system. I need to research and see if that is how it really used to happen. But I guess that was before political parties. What if Barack Obama got the most electoral votes and was President and McCain got the second most and became VP. Interesting thought.

Laura Linney was fabulous as usual. She played her arrival in the alien world of Paris perfectly. Just go ahead and give her the Emmy now.

No comments: