Google
 

Monday, March 31, 2008

THE TUDORS RETURN!!


Saints be praised! I have to admit that I am watching a week in advance ON DEMAND so I am one week ahead of schedule. I will try not to spoil anything. I LOVE THIS SHOW!! You know I am a big old Tudor queen anyway...but Showtime's THE TUDORS gets it so deliciously right on all levels. Season two opens as King Henry VIII declares himself Supreme Head of the English Church so he can divorce Queen Katherine and marry the Boleyn whore, Anne.

Full disclosure: I am a Howard. The Howards were a ruthless, power hungry, coat-tail riding, whoring, manipulating bunch during the Tudor era. Anne Boleyn was a Howard on her mother's side (as was the whore, and Henry's 4th wife, Catherine Howard). The great Queen Elizabeth I was therefore, a Howard. Now, I cannot prove that I am of the same Howard clan as Anne Boleyn and Elizabeth I, but I am just sure of it down deep in my soul.

Season 2 got off to a slow "political start" in episode one, but episode two got things right back on track to the wonderful back stabbing, whore-bedding, romp of the first season.

As Henry prepares to take Anne to France to introduce her to the French King as his future wife, he has sent poor Queen Katherine (his true wife) into exile where she refuses to voluntarily relinquish her crown, title, and husband.

There is a mysterious executioner sent by the Pope to get rid of the embarrassing Lady Anne, who's identity has not yet been revealed. I know some about the facts of this era, but since the show is not "entirely" based on fact, I am assuming that the mysterious hooded hitman is Henry's lifelong best friend, Charles Brandon. Just a guess. I have been known to be wrong.

The money shot of this episode was when Anne finally gave herself "totally" to Henry. The whore.

Gee, I wonder how this will all end.....


No comments: