Google
 

Monday, March 24, 2008

HBO's JOHN ADAMS: Part Three

I really liked last nights episode of the HBO mini-series, JOHN ADAMS a lot. In part three of the series, Adams travels to Paris to meet up with Ben Franklin and negotiate a treaty with France against the British. Doesn't sound very exciting, does it. Well it was actually very engaging, interesting and informative.

Once again, however, my favorite parts of the episode were the ones revolving around Adam's wife, Abigail, played brilliantly by Laura Linney. She was truly heartbreaking as the abandoned and long suffering wife, left behind to raise the kids, tend to the house and keep the family farm afloat. Linney will certainly be nominated for an Emmy for this role.

My grade: A

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree totally. I hope she is nominated.